What is our mission?
We as a church body desire to have a new facility that better enables HBC to carry out its mission to make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ.
Beginning in 2001 at Woodbury School in Salem, NH, and then moving into its current building in Windham in 2008, our church congregation has now outgrown its building's capacity. For a few years now, we have been holding two identical worship services on Sunday mornings to accommodate the growth the Lord has given. We plan to remain in Windham and build on our current property.
For whom are we building?
- God is our primary Audience. We want the entire process of planning, as well as the finished product, to make Him bigger in the eyes of all.
- To our own congregation, we want to use this building to be able to worship all together and to disciple one another more effectively.
To our community, we want to present a structure that reflects God's beauty and calls to mind God and His purposes.
What will the building look like?
Plans continue to be refined, but we desire to build a 2-story building with sanctuary seating of around 300 for corporate worship and 5-6 smaller spaces for more individualized instruction.
Additionally, the layout includes:
- A baptistry
- Improved fellowship space
- Increased parking
- More handicap friendly accessibility
Click to download a rough copy of the site plan (Feb. 2018).
What will the building cost?
As our civil and floor plans are still being finalized to "construction docs" status, the plans have not yet gone out to bid. Very rough, preliminary estimates range from $2-3M. We are praying for God to provide generously for His Name's sake.
How can I give toward the project?
- Give in the Sunday evening offering. All of our undesignated funds on Sunday evenings go toward the Building Fund.
- Mail a check payable to "Heritage Baptist Church" to 108 Rockingham Road, Windham, NH, 03087, designated for the Building Fund.